Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on October 26 and 27, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss medical cannabis as a treatment for mental illnesses with Dr. Mandeep Singh, mental training for healing your body with Rucsandra Mitrea, three great overlooked grains with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen and Mindful Communications with Tracey Soghrati
We specifically discuss:
Medical Cannabis and Mental Health
- A holistic approach to treating mental health issues
- How does medical cannabis fit in with a holistic approach?
- Doctors’ reluctance to prescribe medical cannabis
- Treating anxiety
- Treating insomnia
- Treating depression
- Addiction risk to medical cannabis
- Side affects of medical cannabis
- Contraindications to using medical cannabis
Mental Training for Healing Your Body
- Why dealing with pain is like training for the Olympics
- The desire to heal is the driving force
- The belief that you will heal
- Facilitating mental and emotional health to help the body heal
- A gradual process to changing beliefs
- How to start the snowball rolling
Three Great Overlooked Grains
- Cooking with whole grains
- How to cook Farro
- How to cook Amaranth
- How do you mindfully listen?
- What do people do in communication that is off-putting?
- How do we improve our communication?
- Being present to your own experience
LISTEN TO WIN A BOOK!
For more information about Dr. Mandeep Singh go here.
For more information about Rucsandra Mitrea and Vital Directives go here.
For more information about Carolyn Tanner Cohen go here.
For more information about Tracey Soghrati go here.