September 15, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the holistic approach to treating inflammation with Jason Watkin, the foods you should eat for a better night sleep with Shauna Lindzon, whether our water should be fluoridated with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND and the benefits of yoga for athletes with Liz Doyle Harmer
We specifically discuss:
The Holistic Treatment of Inflammation
- Inflammation underpinning many conditions
- Psychological stress
- Rest + sleep
- Breath work
- Parasympathetic state
- Supplements for inflammation
- What precedes inflammation?
- The connection between stress and inflammation
The Foods That Will Help You Sleep
- Foods that calm you and help you sleep
- Folic Acid, B Vitamins, Calcium
- Tryptophan and melatonin
- Avoid heavy meals
Should Our Water Be Fluoridated?
- What is fluoride?
- Do we get fluoride in our diet?
- Foods that contain fluoride
- How is fluoride beneficial?
- Why would you take fluoride out of water?
- Over-fluoridation and iodine absorption
- Fluoride and children
- Guidelines for fluoride intake
Yoga For Athletes
- Why would an athlete benefit from a yoga class?
- Counteracting the act of sitting
- Yin and Yang style classes
- Yoga and core strength
- Balance work
- Sensing inside yourself
- Optimal breath
- Developing Awareness of Your Body
For more information about show sponsor Purica and Jason Watkin go here.
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski ND go here.
To read the article on yoga for athletes (featuring Liz Doyle Harmer) in Tonic Magazine go here.